Friday, July 29, 2011

Still

 
"On Fridays, a few of us have fallen into the habit of taking five minutes to just write and not worry if it’s just right or not.
Five minutes to remember that we are creatures sculpted by The WORD  and made for The WORD and beloved by The WORD.
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. John 1:1-3.
So on Fridays, we take the dare to become Word Artists. To throw editing and proof reading and critically raised eyebrows out the window. We finger paint with our words – in pink and blue and dark purple. In glitter glue and bright green.
Just five minutes. No more. No less"

 
Today’s prompt: Still
"Be still and know that I am God". (Psalms ??:??) Stop. Do nothing. Say nothing. Be still and know that he is the one, the only. He is, he was, he will be. All life still moves on even though I haven’t moved. It will continue moving. It will be imperfect. It will be disappointing. It will hurt. It will also be glorious and wonderful. Be still. Still…Sometimes, ok.... “MOST” times.... I feel like if I’m not completely involved in EVERYTHING then things will fall apart. No one can do it like me. I am the one that holds it all together. I know God laughs at me all day. I’m probably his evening sitcom as he watches my whole day unfold. If only I could just stop and let things fall apart. It’s probably alright. It will probably be fine. It’s in all those messes, mistakes, and mishaps that we find true humanity… truth revealed in the dungeons of Eden. How far we’ve fallen. How glorious mercy is. If only I could accept. Let go.
 
 


1 comment:

  1. My husband and I joke that we are God's sitcom too..that at the end of His long day he peeks in and has a good laugh.
    I really enjoyed your post.
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete