Friday, July 8, 2011

5 Minute Friday

Today I am linking up for the first time to Gypsy Mama's 5 Minute Friday segment.

Today's topic is GRATEFUL. I write for 5 minutes and just keep writing. Here goes nothing.

A grateful heart is something I should have. But these days are so wild and busy and insane with tasks, appointments and more errands than I can run. I am out of breath. I am grateful for this. It is wonderful in this crazy time. It will be gone all too soon. All too soon the house will be quiet. All too soon the house will be clean and immaculate but lonely. No pitter patter of sweet little feet running away from you. Ah. I am so grateful for this moment when I am the only joy and only love of my little boy. Too soon he'll realize he doesn't need me. Too soon he'll realize he's smarter than me. Until then... I just savor this craziness. I soak it all up and forget about the dishes and the sticky floors and just sit and watch him sleep. Why is this simple thing so beautiful and magical? This right here must be a glimpse of heaven. This is why people must take recreational drugs. To feel this enormous glory. To be right here where I am.
---------
Thanks Gypsy Mama!

3 comments:

  1. Well, welcome to Five Minute Friday!

    What a sweet little boy you must have and what a great thing to be grateful for!

    Great to meet you through this linky party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have a lot to be grateful for!! Those kids have a habit of totally changing our lives and twisting us right around their little chubby fingers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet heart! Just a lovely post, so glad you have joined us here.
    Blessings, I look forward to sharing Fridays with you.

    ReplyDelete