Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The End..

Thank you Lori for this inpirational post...

At the end. How do I want this thing to end?

At the end of this life, I want my husband to remember me with love.

He will say that I was a wonderful joy to be around.

The light in his world.

The one that made everything ok.

Our love was what kept him going through all the messes, the pain, the disappointments, the madness.

In the end I would like him to say that it was all worth it.

He wouldn’t want to do this life with anyone else.
 ------------------

At the end of this life, I want my children to remember me smiling with joy always.
I hope to instill excellence in everything they do: whether it’s going to school or going to the laundromat. It’s not important to get the best grades or to be the highest achiever. What’s most important is who you are on this inside. Your true self that exudes whether you like it or not. True success is honoring everyone around you. Showing gratitude and kindness to the person ringing up your groceries or the person who delivers your mail. I’d much rather they surround themselves with well rounded individuals of all sorts who are positive and uplifting rather than  be amongst  their peers who are in the same education level or industry. I want them to have confidence to be who they are and love themselves unconditionally. I want them most of all to know that they are loved beyond their capacity to understand. We have but a short time on this earth. In this short time it’s imperative that we love one another and “consider others better than ourselves” (Phil 2:3). In this brief moment, make it count; not in a souped up resume but in a loving home where love is the highest goal, where the spirit of the Lord resides freely.

For me, in the end, there is only one word that gives me utmost joy. In the end I just want Peace. Peace in my soul.


I would like to thank Lori for the inspiration behind this post & Gitzengirl for the artwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment