Monday, July 4, 2011

People who need people...

There are the those people that are always willing to give the benefit of the doubt. Those who believe intrinsically that the heart of man is overall good and kind. I am not one of those people. I am always slow to let ANYONE in. I think I can do everything myself. That I would be happy all by myself in a room with my laptop and music.
It's taken me a long time to get away from the mindset that everyone is out to get me.. That they are all just waiting for me to make one wrong move so they can pounce and cackle and laugh at me. They willl say, " I knew it! I knew she wasn't really good. She really wasn't perfect. She's trash. She's worthless. She doesn't belong."

It takes a lot for me to ask for help. I'd much rather go to the library and get 12 books on the subject, vigorously take notes and formulate a plan without anyone's help.

As a mother, you learn the value of needing other's help. Their opinions. Listening to those who have walked these aisles of Walmart before in a frazzled hazy disheveled daze.

And as a woman who can't figure out how to get out of the Starbucks parking space on a Sunday morning, you praise the Lord over and over again for the sweet chinese man and his friend who offer to help weave the vehicle out so you're not stuck there all day in tears wondering why you can't apply simple geometry.

People need people.

"People who need people are the luckiest people in the world."

No comments:

Post a Comment