Monday, July 18, 2011

The Bible In 90 Days - Week 1

MomsToolbox

The Bible in 90 Days. Wow. I had no idea how hard this was going to be.
I need a good 1.5 hour to devote to doing this.
WOW. 
I’m still way behind.

What else is new?

I read slow. I forget, and now I’m just drowning in all that I have yet to accomplish.
This seems to be a recurring theme in my life.

I have 11 bibles in my house. Surely I can commit and read at least one of them from cover to cover.

The insight that I’m gaining so far is tremendous.
I feel truly blessed when I can sit down by myself and read the Word, the stories, the letter from our lord. I feel like I’m reading these stories with new eyes. As if I’m going back to my childhood home: There was a time when this place was my whole world and was large and wide and endless.. now everything looks so ... different...
Alice in Wonderland feel to the whole thing.

2 comments:

  1. It isn't easy that is for sure; but the reward is SO great!!! Try reading bits and pieces here and there, you will be able to get through a days reading before you know it. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shawntele!!
    I finished Genesis last night!! WOOHOO!!!
    Thanks so much for stopping by to give me some encouragement.

    ReplyDelete