Tuesday, July 5, 2011

It was a beautiful Sunday morning

It was a beautiful Sunday morning. I spent it at Starbucks reading the New York Times arts section. These are moments I’ve always dreamed of and when they come to life… it’s surreal. It’s like I’ve always been here doing this very thing but not. Surreal. That’s the only word I can come up with. Some experiences have no words to describe their intimate glory. I wanted to spend all morning there, leisurely… but after about an hour, I heart missed my sweet little boy’s face. Alas. Another day. There will be days when that little boy will be all grown away at college and I’ll have all the time in the world to drift away in articles, stories, games on my laptop. But for now, this very precious moment is cut short to give me a glimpse of heaven. A glimpse of what’s to come. And now, on to diapers and dishes and Barney. Whoever introduced my child to Barney must die… oh wait. That was me.

No comments:

Post a Comment