Friday, August 19, 2011

NEW




It's 5 Minute Friday with the one, the only, GYPSY MAMA!!!

Today's prompt is.. NEW

I love the excitement of new things. I love new cleaning tools or supplies, I love trying out a new hairstyle, going someplace exotic, new to me. I love every morning that greets me with a new day. I get a do-over. Today I'll be more forgiving, loving and tender. Today I'll remember to pray and spend time with God in his Word. Today I will be the good wife. Today I will be a good mother. Today I will forget the past and move forward. I love each day because it's new. "This is the day the Lord hath made, let us rejoice and be glad in it." Tomorrow may not come. Today I try to live as if it were my last. When I speak, I imagine it may be my last words. What I do now may be the last action I am remembered for. I need it to count. I need it to be significant. I need it to be blessed by the Lord. I need to remember these words every morning I wake up. Make it my theme song. If only that wretched alarm didn't jolt me upright and I hit the snooze only to wake up a couple minutes later and invoke the mad dash out the door. If only, I could sit still and remember.


1 comment:

  1. Uh huh, I know just what you are talking about . . . the new day, the do-over. The striving for excellence in the things that matter most. So thankful that each new day brings new opportunities for change and growth. I love the phrase 'make it my theme song'.

    I linked up right after you for 5 Minute Friday and stopped in to see your post and cheer you on.

    ReplyDelete