Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Belt of Truth

In our last episode we determined the weapons and armor of God are not being utilized. To forgive is an act of fierce battle.
So let's explore the first weapon:
"...Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist ..."
The truth is... I'm not sure what I'm still so angry about after 16+ years. Truth is, I've held onto this drama, this bitterness for so long it's a part of me.. like my favorite pair of flannel pajamas that keep me warm from the frigid winter.
Truth is, the person who's wrong me doesn't even care. Doesn't even know they're wrong. They're never wrong. Truth is, if they were not in my life I would not be the strong exceptional woman I am today. I am fearfully and wonderfully made. ... So are they. They are God's child just like me. They are favored, adored, loved by God.. just like me.
I can no longer fight against myself.
I give up.
I let go. I forgive. all. of. it.

No comments:

Post a Comment