Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Saying Goodbye

GitzenGirl is approaching her last days here on Earth.

Oh how hard we all prayed for her. That God would be seen in her suffering and that He would miraculously heal her. I had so much faith that she had so many more years. Her faith especially was astounding in the midst of horrible pain. I couldn't understand how she would stay so positive and see everything as a blessing. She hardly was able to get out of bed.

Slowly, I started to understand. I started to change. My world of one became a world of many. My selfish thoughts and heart, little by little, everyday started to awaken and evolve. I am forever grateful to sweet Sara for always encouraging me to Choose Joy. It's her motto really. Two small simple words, one amazing impact.



In the midst of my sorrow... I CHOOSE JOY.. Joy that she will no longer be in pain. Joy that one day when I get to heaven, we'll see each other and we'll have a roaring good time and I will hear her mighty hearty laugh. I will hear her beautiful voice and we'll laugh till nothing comes out from our throats and laugh at each other in how silly we look. We'll drink coffee by the fireside with our silly blankets. We'll sip lemonade on the front porch swing with the wrap-around porch. I'll meet her father and thank him for the wonderful child he brought into the world.. into my life..
Until then.. Until we meet again, I will Choose Joy in your honor. Godspeed my friend....

No comments:

Post a Comment