Friday, September 2, 2011

Rest

Linking up with The Gypsy Mama for:




"We write for five minutes flat on Fridays.
We write bold and beautiful and free. Unscripted and unedited. We just write without worrying if it’s just  right or not."

and... GO!

Every morning I thank God for peaceful rest. There are nights when my rest doesn't come... it just doesn't.. I toss and turn and am so tired but can't sleep so I weep silently there in bed.

When I fast, my sleep is glorious and exalting. I know the Lord is pleased and has blessed me.

Lately, it seems, once I put Baby Drewbie to bed, there's ALWAYS something to do. Some website to look up, something to fix, dishes to wash, magazines to read .. and my sleep hasn't been great. I wake up tired and in a flash I'm back to the sickness of depression.

Lord, help me find rest and strength in your word in your presence.

1 comment: