Thursday, September 6, 2012

Waiting

waiting

n.
We’ve circled back here. Pain and illness have tied the relationship in a messy, inescapable, tangled, knotty web. Constricting, cutting off circulation slowly killing me, killing us. Hard to see the end. The air is sucked out of me every time I walk in the door. I resign and give up again every day, hoping, praying, needing to return to a normal life. I was elated and joyful when we were married. I thought I’d never be alone again. But here I sit, in the dark, with the glow of the monitor as my only warmth.

The Persistence of Memory by Salvador Dali

1 comment:

  1. Hi, thanks for checking out my disheveled blog-working on that! Anyhow, how are you and your husband...you have made some things very public, and I am hope/prayerful you are on an upswing...

    ReplyDelete