Friday, September 28, 2012

Grasp


" On Fridays around these parts we stop, drop, and write.
For fun, for love of the sound of words, for play, for delight, for joy and celebration at the art of communication.
For only five short, bold, beautiful minutes. Unscripted and unedited. We just write without worrying if it’s just right or not."
Five Minute Friday
Today’s prompt: Grasp





 


I was 16. He was 29, a family member. I was curious, he was evil. The serpent. Taking advantage of the situation. Tempted in an old abandoned dirty garage. Mind and body soaring someplace else. One kiss and I was addicted. One touch and no longer the same. Drunk on the forbidden. Lines crossed. I set into motion a series of events that have held me captive. It’s inescapable: this prison I hold myself in. I’m only now starting to see the blood on my hands. The venom- it’s in my touch, in my words, in my mind.


Miranda The Temptest by John William Waterhouse




6 comments:

  1. I'm stopping by for Five Minute Friday. I'm not entirely sure what to say...just wow...your writing is very good, very poetic. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got your comment on my blog this morning (In The Tangles)and I miss doing 5 Minute Fridays! Life needs to slow down a little bit! I'm so glad you commented too because I thought I had been following your blog but I wasn't and I hadn't found you again! So now I'm following. I have a lot to catch up on though...

    This was so poignant. "venom" is the perfect word. I hesitate to call it a beautiful post for obvious reasons, but it is a powerful post. Heartbreaking and powerful.

    And the picture is the same.

    Thank you so much for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Janice.
      Hope to see back on the 5 Min Friday swing soon.

      Delete
  3. So powerful-I was captured right away and left wanting more...Thank you :-)

    ReplyDelete