Saturday, September 29, 2012

Book Review: Fifty Shades Darker

Fifty Shades Darker by EL James


My favorite parts:
(there are soooo many more, but...they would be spoilers.)

"His magic is powerful, intoxicating. I'm a butterfly caught in his net, unable and unwilling to escape. I'm his...totally his."

"He stares at me blankly, and there it is, his problem in a nutshell - empathy or the lack thereof."

"And I don't know what possesses me, but I suddenly hear my own voice ringing out clearly over the throng.
   'Twenty-four thousand dollars!'"

"Christian stares at him impassively, but he's amused. All eyes are on Christian. What's he going to do? My heart is in my mouth. I feel sick.
    'One hundred thousand dollars,' he says, his voice ringing clear and loud through the tent."

" 'There is poetry of sailing as old as the world,' he murmurs in my ear.
     'That sounds like a quote.'
     I sense his grin. 'It is. Antoine de Saint-Exupery.'
     'Oh... I adore The Little Prince.'
     'Me, too.' "

" 'I was Mrs. Taylor yesterday.' I grin at Taylor, who flushes.
   'That has a nice ring to it, Miss Steele,' Taylor says matter-of-factly.
   'I thought so, too.' "

Personal Reflections:
Getting to know Christian, Mr. Fifty Shades, was exhilarating!
I actually made some parallels in my childhood and was able to piece together some extraordinary insights.
I do believe this book might have saved me thousands of dollars worth of therapy!
It's very rare I sacrifice my sleep for a book. This was an exception to every rule. It was a love affair, an exciting adventure. I was actually a bit disappointed when I was getting close to the end. I slowed the pace a little and prolonged the experience. I have never done that.
EL James gives good read.
Oh.. so good.


No comments:

Post a Comment