Saturday, August 18, 2012

Book Review: Mockingjay

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins


The best parts of this book:
(Actually there are a TON of my favorites but they would all be spoilers.)

"'Oh no, It costs a lot more than your life. To murder innocent people?' says Peeta. 'It costs everything you are.'"

"The damage, the fatigue, the imperfections. That's how they recognize me, why I belong to them."

"And suddenly, it's as if there's no one in the world but these two, crashing through space to reach each other. They collide, enfold, lose their balance, and slam against a wall, where they stay. Clinging into one being. Indivisible."

"I am Cinna's bird, ignited, flying frantically to escape something inescapable. The feathers of flame that grow from my body. Beating its wings only fans the blaze. I consume myself, but to no end."

"All around the dining hall, you can feel the rejuvenating effect that a good meal can bring on. The way it can make people kinder, funnier, more optimistic, and remind them it's not a mistake to go on living. It's better than any medicine. "

Personal Notes:
This was amazing. I see some disturbing similiarities in our world. Overall, I feel like I'm a better person for reading this book. I would have chosen a different path...but I think Katniss chose well also. Sometimes there's no right, there's no wrong, there just is. Compelling piece of literature.




No comments:

Post a Comment