Friday, August 17, 2012

Book Review: Catching Fire

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

The best parts of this book:

"I hunt. He bakes. Haymitch drinks."

"I tell him everything. About the president's visit, about Gale, about how we're all going to die if I fail.
   His face sobers, grows older in the glow of the red taillights. 'Then you can't fail.'"

"We manage the darkness as we did in the arena, wrapped in each other's arms, gaurding against dangers that can descend at any moment."

"I ball up the front of my shirt, stuff it into my mouth, and begin to scream. How long this continues, I don't know. But when I stop, my voice is almost gone."

"Now a new confidence is lighting up inside of me, because I think I finally know who Haymitch is. And I'm beginning to know who I am."

Personal notes:
Sequels usually don't live up to the original. This one does and exceeds all expectations.
Remarkable work.
Again.. BRAVO!

No comments:

Post a Comment