Friday, April 20, 2012

Together

"On Fridays around these parts we stop, drop, and write.
For fun, for love of the sound of words, for play, for delight, for joy and celebration at the art of communication.
For only five short, bold, beautiful minutes. Unscripted and unedited. We just write without worrying if it’s just right or not."

Today's prompt: Together

So this week the Lord has really brought the story of the prodigal son to mind. It started with me just randomly turning on Joyce Meyer, then the next day a Rembrant painting appeared depicting the story and then my daily devotional came up with it! It was crazy. I know I need to get myself in the WORD as fast as I can when the Lord has been speaking to me like this. I started reading. I started writing. My marriage came to center stage. The players started to deliver their scenes as the last couple months unfolded fast in my mind. I saw what the Lord was telling me. This is what they call a "breakthrough". I am the resentful, prideful older brother always keeping an account of wrongs. And boy do I keep some good accounts! Humbled. Sad. I asked the Lord to just give me sight, give me the words, and rid me of this vile hateful self that clings to me. I don't know how to be better. Then the Lord brings to mind a handful of people in my life who are there for me always; who represent God's love and counsel in different ways. The answers have always been in front of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment