Friday, April 13, 2012

Goodbye

" On Fridays around these parts we stop, drop, and write.
For fun, for love of the sound of words, for play, for delight, for joy and celebration at the art of communication.
For only five short, bold, beautiful minutes. Unscripted and unedited. We just write without worrying if it’s just right or not."



 

Today's prompt:
Goodbye

Why does the Goodbye Love (RENT) song come to mind whenever I see this word? Sorry. I’m just going to sit here a spell and sing… Was listening to La Vie Boheme this morning from this soundtrack. Some of the best times of my day are me in my car with my music. Could care less about everyone passing me by. I don’t notice people cutting me off. I’ll get to my destination. Could care less about being in the left hand lane. I sit and sing and dis-engage from this world. Goodbye traffic, thank you for giving me a sweet moment to be still. Goodbye life outside this vehicle. Thank you for giving me peace in my soul. I get to my destination refreshed, joyful.. so happy.

3 comments:

  1. I love to drive and sing...sometimes I will take a couple of extra laps around the neighborhood (on my way home from the grocery store or what not) to sing in the car! Love this post! Love that song!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! Sometimes a song comes on and I find myself slowing down singing - letting the words pour into my soul like I'm beyond thirsty for the message.
    Thanks for this lovely post!
    Felecia

    ReplyDelete