Wednesday, May 25, 2016

BOOK REVIEW: MAESTRA

Book Review: Maestra by L.S. Hilton



Favorite Quotes:

"I cried for a long time, cried properly with my throat full of tears and snot, until I heard a strange noise. It seemed to come from outside, a keening, a baby, maybe, or mating cats. Then I realized it was me, howling. I cried out all the tears I hadn't allowed to fall since that day in London..."

"It was relief. Just for once, at last, someone else was in charge."

"Rage had always been my friend, and I neglected it. Rage had kept my back straight; rage had seen me through the fights and the slights. Rage had propelled ma from my no-mark comprehensive to university; it had been my strength and my solace."

"I wasn't sure yet how to play this. I didn't wanted to be relegated to the Estonian slut category, but then I obviously was the kind of girl who hopped a boat with a virtual stranger at a moment's notice."



This was actually a very engaging read. It had some great hilarious one liners and kept me interested. Some parts I found confusing. A good beach read. Maybe a good book to take with you on a flight.

3 comments:

  1. dennis@mail.postmanllc.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work. Truly speaking I never seen a blog like that. Absolutely superb work. Good luck. Thanks for such an informative post. For more information visit legal herbal empire for sale

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice article great post comment information thanks for sharing.
    ลาลีกา

    ReplyDelete