Sunday, January 29, 2012

Tender

Linking up with Gypsy Mama for 5 Minute Friday:

1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking

Today's prompt: Tender

I catch a glimpse myself in the mirror. It's a far cry from the stunning 22 year old I was. I used to be lean and svelte with beautiful complexion and did I mention a body out of this world? I never really enjoyed it then. I was too busy trying to gain a little weight to be perfect. I wanted curves. Now I just want the lump parts to disappear. I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror and smile.


My eyebrows need done, I need a facial, my hair is crazy and my rounded face from too much fat.
I remember to be tender with myself.
I remember to be gentle.
I don't have to look my best at all times.  I look at myself again and realize this is also a time that I should enjoy. Years from now I'll regret not loving myself as I am. I look at myself again and realize.. I've never looked more beautiful.



1 comment:

  1. Absolutely lovely. YOU. Gentleness with self is something few of us ever learn and rarely practice. Way to be an example.

    ReplyDelete