Friday, March 15, 2013

REST

"On Fridays around these parts we stop, drop, and write.
For fun, for love of the sound of words, for play, for delight, for joy and celebration at the art of communication.
For only five short, bold, beautiful minutes. Unscripted and unedited. We just write without worrying if it’s just right or not."

Today's prompt: Rest

It was a beautiful Friday afternoon: I got my hair cut. I went to lunch at a lovely greek restaurant. My man and I watched a movie and took a little nap. It's a glorious beautiful day when I went to pick up my boy at school. We took a nice walk around the neighborhood. He and daddy are sitting in the living room playing with trains and tracks and it's a beautiful day of rest. Moments like these I need to remember. They need to sustain me when life is rough and the battle rages. For this moment, I try to be here.. now.

3 comments:

  1. Too true. Savoring those restful moments so we can call on them later! I hear that :) Stopping by from Five Minute Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this reminder to notice and cherish the simple things in life...that is where true rest can be found.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those kinds of days are the best...just breathing in each minute slowly.

    Here via FMF!

    ReplyDelete