Sunday, November 11, 2012

Quiet

It's Five Minute Friday..
Yes, I realize it's Sunday!

Five Minute Friday

Today's prompt: Quiet

In our last episode of FMF, we talked about roots. I longed to reconnect with my childhood heritage at times. To my surprise, there ARE happy memories. There ARE moments of splendour and fulfillment. Why it takes 20+ years to see that, I will never know. I saw this post from my favorite DIY bloggers, John and Sherry. It reminded me of a Hindu holiday we called Holi. It brought me back to such happiness. I remembered our small poor village gathering to celebrate. We threw water, powdered colors, white powder, even mud on friends, family and strangers. We cleaned like crazy. We cooked like crazy. It was a feast. We shared with the neighbors. We smiled, shared our thanks, gave our best. Once I saw the info on the Color Run,  I knew I had to be a part of it. As luck would have it, they were having one in my hometown. I was blessed to participate today with my man. It was AMAZING. The mass amount of people from all walks of life. People brought their kids in strollers, guys were wearing tutus, everyone was having a blast. During the run, I had some great moments of reflection looking out at my city skyline.

There were some small still quiet moments to close your eyes while random people threw colored powder and filled the air, your eyes, ears and mouth. The colors were splendid. The energy was electric. I've come full circle.
I cannot wait to do this again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment