Friday, November 4, 2011

Remember

I was at the dentist on Thursday. They had to do a procedure which invoked the dreaded needle. The first shot hurt sooo bad that tears came out of my eyes. Oh my word. It hurst so bad. I laid there. I allowed the pain to seep in. I thought of something else. I thought of how funny we silly human are to endure this torture.. to actually PAY someone to do that to us.... Then as the tears went into my ears I remembered being a child and playing on the apartment stairs in the dark with friends. She told me that if you licked your tears you'd be smart. I was all about being smart. Being the best. For awhile I would will myself to cry so I could lick my tears so I could get smart. It worked. I was the top of my class... until sophmore year in high school. I stopped believing in the secrets. I stopped believing in myself. I just stopped.

---------------
" On Fridays around these parts we stop, drop, and write.
For fun, for love of the sound of words, for play, for delight, for joy and celebration at the art of communication.
For only five short, bold, beautiful minutes. Unscripted and unedited. We just write without worrying if it’s just right or not."

No comments:

Post a Comment