Monday, October 24, 2011

Chicken Noodle Soup

Chicken Noodle Soup
  • 6 cups Swanson® Chicken Broth (go ahead and add a little water if needed)
  • Ground black pepper, to taste
  • 2-3 medium carrots, sliced
  • 2-3 stalk celery, sliced
  • 1/2 package uncooked extra-wide egg noodles (8 oz maybe?)
  • 1.5 lbs cooked chicken cubed or shredded ( I boil my chicken and just cut it up)
  • SECRET INGREDIENT: 1 TB Huy Fong Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce
  • SECRET INGREDIENT: 1 Bay Leaf
Directions
1.     Heat broth, black pepper, carrot and celery in large stockpot over medium-high heat to a boil.
2.    Add Bay Leaf and chili sauce. Stir. Taste. Add more chili sauce if desired. I like my broth pretty hot and spicy.
3.     Stir noodles and chicken in saucepan. Reduce heat to medium. Cook 10 minutes or until noodles are tender, stirring often. I usually let it cook about 30 minutes to get the vegetables nice and soft.

The peppers in the chili sauce will increase your thermal body temperature and burn calories. The increased temperature will also propel your body to burn out that icky virus. When I’m sick, I camp out in bed with sleep inducing medicine and put the blankets and comforters over my head so when I wake up, I’m drenched in sweat. Believe me.. you will feel better.
The “starve a cold, feed a fever” are not what you think. When you fast, your body doesn’t have to take its energy to digest. It can send its energy to heal your body. The fever is the healing mechanism it uses to get the virus out of your system.

Every house adds a little variation to this simple meal. I love ours. It’s has our signature stamp on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment